Minimally invasive procedures performed with precision
Interventional Radiology at Winchester Hospital
Interventional radiology uses imaging technology to perform minimally invasive procedures.
At Winchester Hospital, our interventional radiologists perform these procedures in our state-of-the-art Philips Integris Angiography suite. This suite allows us to safely perform:
- Ablation of small tumors in the kidney, lung or liver
- Angioplasty of arterial and venous stenosis
- Dialysis access procedures
- Fluid aspiration and drainage
- Lumbar punctures
- Organ and tissue biopsies
- Placement of central venous access devices
- Procedures to remove fluid from the lungs or abdominal cavity
- Placement of catheters in the kidney to remove urine
- Stent placement in blood vessels to improve blood flow
- Uterine artery embolization to treat uterine fibroids
- Treatment for bleeding blood vessels
- Vertebral augmentation to treat vertebral compression fractures
Our Interventional Radiology Team
Winchester Hospital’s interventional radiologists are certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties. We specialize in minimally invasive, targeted treatments performed using imaging guidance.
Our team also includes a highly skilled group of registered nurses, registered special procedure technologists and support staff. We work hard to ensure you receive high-quality, personalized care.
Scheduling a Procedure
Procedures are performed at the Winchester Hospital Interventional Radiology Department. To schedule an exam, call our office at 781-756-7178.
Most interventional radiology procedures are done on an outpatient basis. This means you may be able to go home the same day as your procedure.
Conditions We Treat
- Cancer and tumors
- Kidney conditions
- Narrowed or blocked blood vessels
- Fluid buildup
- Spinal fractures
- Uterine fibroids
Services & Specialities
Our interventional radiology specialists work with providers across our hospital to ensure you get the care you need.