Medical Weight Management
Nonsurgical care for weight loss
Helping You Realize Your Weight Goals
Weight management is a personal journey. At Winchester Hospital, we work with you to understand your unique health needs. Together, we can craft a treatment plan that helps you realize your weight goals.
Your medical weight management care plan may include the following, depending on your needs:
- Exercise capacity evaluation and prescription
- Medical evaluation and treatment of obesity-related conditions
- Medication therapy with medications approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- Individual nutrition counseling and meal plan development
- Ongoing motivation therapy
- Psychological counseling focused on behavior modification
Is Medical Weight Management Right for Me?
Medical weight management might be right for you if any of these apply:
- You have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or more.
- You want to improve your health and obesity-related diseases.
- You have a primary care provider requesting a consultation.
- You want to quickly decrease weight prior to an upcoming surgery, fertility procedure or other medical procedure.
- You have tried multiple weight loss methods unsuccessfully.
- You have had bariatric surgery and are struggling to keep the weight off.
Attend a Support Group Information Session
Our free Support Group Info Sessions guide people who are looking at weight management options. Support Group Info Sessions are held on the third Wednesday of each month from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Our groups are moderated by healthcare professionals.
We can also help you understand when or if Bariatric Surgery is right for you.
Weight Management Care Services
We offer the following services to support you on your weight management journey: