Expert team delivering compassionate care
Breast Cancer Care at Winchester Hospital
The experts at Winchester Hospital's Breast Care Center are proud to have set a new standard of excellence for your comprehensive, integrated breast care.
Whether you need routine care or are battling a more serious condition, we’re here to support you every step of the way. Our dedicated team is experienced in providing care to adults of all ages and conditions. We provide effective treatment for both males and females with breast cancer.
Expert Team-Based Approach
We bring together experts in breast surgery, radiology and other specialty areas. Our multidisciplinary program provides you with easy access to complete clinical and support services. We seamlessly integrate hospital services with complex testing. Our goal is to provide all aspects of your cancer care in one convenient location.
Advanced Screening and Treatment Options
We were the first hospital north of Boston to offer the innovative Xoft (Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation) technology for certain types of breast cancer.
In addition, we offer women the Cancer Risk Assessment (CRA) at the time of their screening mammogram. CRA is a tool to help determine your lifetime risk for developing breast cancer.
Comprehensive Breast Care
Our expert Breast Care Center team treats these conditions:
- Abnormalities within the breast found through imaging and clinical exams
- Breast cancer
- Family history of breast or ovarian cancer
- Fibroadenomas and benign cysts
- Non-malignant conditions that can include pain and breast discharge
Our Breast Care Center offers:
- Breast specialist consultations, including breast reconstruction and second opinions
- Conference space for meetings and educational programs
- Consult rooms with private clinical exam rooms
- Dedicated stereotactic breast biopsy suite
- Digital mammography and breast ultrasound imaging suites
- Large reception area
- On-site surgeons, radiologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists
- Patient education rooms with Wi-Fi
- Private patient dressing rooms, lockers and patient seating area
- Screening mammography and diagnostic breast imaging reading rooms, where on-site radiologists review breast imaging procedures
We are fully accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE). We completed this rigorous yet voluntary process to ensure our center fully meets and exceeds ACR standards. These standards include imaging excellence in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy and breast ultrasound in one location.
We have earned these additional certifications:
- Our center is fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons as a National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- We are licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Radiation Control Program.
- We are a U.S. Food and Drug Administration certified mammography facility.
The Winchester Hospital Breast Care Center also routinely ranks in the highest percentile for patient satisfaction.
Services & Specialties
Your Winchester Hospital cancer care team coordinates with other specialty providers throughout our hospital to ensure all your care needs are met.