Chest surgery from highly skilled physicians
Advanced Thoracic Surgical Treatment
Thoracic surgeons at Winchester Hospital diagnose and treat conditions affecting your lungs, chest wall, esophagus and diaphragm. We offer a full range of surgical therapies.
Our surgeons are board-certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. We work closely with specialists from our Lung & Respiratory Care, Digestive Care and Cancer Care teams. Together, these experts ensure you receive comprehensive, compassionate care that’s tailored to your needs.
Highly Skilled Care
We offer many state-of-the-art minimally invasive procedures. These operations use tiny incisions and special cameras. They allow us to see what’s happening inside your chest without having to open your chest. We perform the operation through these small incisions. The procedures reduce your risk for complications. They also help speed up healing compared to traditional, open operations.
Robotic surgery is also an option in many cases. It allows your surgeon to operate with extreme precision. It also tends to be easier on you during and after the procedure.
Thoracic Surgery Procedures We Offer
Thoracic surgery at Winchester Hospital includes advanced procedures. You don’t have to travel far — they’re available right here, close to home. Diagnostic and therapeutic treatments we offer include:
- Cardiac pacemaker implantation
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy (exploration of the airways)
- Diagnostic mediastinoscopy (exploration of the upper chest)
- Esophagectomy (removal of all or part of the esophagus)
- Esophagogastrectomy (removal of a portion of the esophagus and stomach)
- Exploratory thoracotomy (exploration of the chest)
- Pericardiectomy (surgery on the membrane of your heart)
- Thoracoscopy/Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (surgery to examine inside the chest)