Helping the Communities We Serve
Winchester Hospital is committed to benefiting all of the communities we serve by:
- Collaborating with community partners to identify health needs
- Improving the health status of community residents
- Addressing health disparities
- Educating community members about prevention and self-care.
The focus of Winchester Hospital’s community benefit efforts is on managing chronic diseases and promoting wellness for people who are uninsured or underinsured.
In particular, Winchester Hospital offers free programs on three significant chronic diseases: osteoporosis, pediatric asthma and heart failure:
Other initiatives to benefit and improve the health of communities north of Boston that are served by Winchester Hospital include:
“Aging On Your Own Terms” – This senior outreach initiative integrates a balance of educational programs, health screenings and social activities that promote optimal physical, mental and social well-being of the active older adult. The goal is to work collaboratively with area organizations in order to offer a variety of programs and services that meet the needs of area seniors at no cost, such as luncheon socials, Internet training and health care reform implications.
Home Blood Draw Program – The Winchester Hospital laboratory provides free phlebotomy services to any community resident who is unable to get to the laboratory. In addition to the convenience of the blood draw, homebound participants enjoy an opportunity to socialize.
- Partnerships with Woburn Council for Social Concern and Woburn Boys and Girls Club – Together with these groups, Winchester Hospital offers fitness classes for adults and children, nutrition education, and disease management sessions for childcare providers.
View the most recent Community Benefits Report from Winchester Hospital.
Winchester Hospital is committed to providing the most effective weight management programs and, when appropriate, the most advanced treatment for weight loss surgery.
The skilled and caring staff at Winchester Hospital's Pain Management Center helps hundreds of patients each year reduce and cope with chronic pain so that they can lead more active and productive lives.